House of Assembly
The House shall consist of such number of member of members as corresponds with the number of constituencies for the time being established in accordance with the provisions of section 58 of this Constitution, who shall be elected in accordance with the provisions of section 33 of this Constitution.
- Qualifications for election
- Disqualifications for election
- Tenure in office
- Deputy Speaker
- Responsibility for Elections
[button url=”http://www.electoral.gov.lc/?page_id=5129″ target=”_self” size=”small” style=”forestgreen” ]Read More…[/button]
There shall be a Parliament of Saint Lucia which shall consist of Her Majesty, a Senate and a House of Assembly.
(1) The Senate shall consist of eleven Senators and such other Senators as may be temporarily appointed under section 28 of this Constitution.
(2) Of the eleven Senators-
a) six shall be appointed by the Governor-General, acting in accordance with the advice of the Prime Minister;
b) three shall be appointed by the Governor-General, acting in accordance with the advice of the Leader of the Opposition; and
c) two shall be appointed by the Governor-General, acting in his own deliberate judgment after he has consulted those religious, economic or social bodies or associations from which he considers that such Senators should be selected.
- Composition of Parliament
- Legislation and Procedure of Parliament
- Summoning prorogation and Dissolution
- Constituency Boundaries and Electoral Commissions
- Delimitation of Constituencies
1) The executive authority of Saint Lucia is vested in the Her Majesty.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the executive authority of Saint Lucia may be exercised on behalf of Her Majesty by the Governor-general either directly or through officers subordinate to him.
(3) Nothing in this section shall prevent parliament from conferring functions on persons or authorities other than the Governor-General.
- Executive Authority
- Ministers of Government
- Cabinet of Ministers
- Allocation of portfolios to Ministers
- Exercise of Governor-General;s functions
- Oaths to be taken by Ministers
- Leader of Opposition
- Parliamentary Secretaries
- Permanent Secretaries
- Secretaries to Cabinet
- Attorney General
[button url=”http://www.electoral.gov.lc/?page_id=5148″ target=”_self” size=”small” style=”forestgreen” ]Read More…[/button]